• An ability to produce work to high quality within the given constraints of game production.
• To take a proactive role in helping to identify areas where the gameplay can be enhanced further.
• The ability to design and oversee a game, taking into account the requirements of the publisher, the market the game is aimed at and the limitations of the technology.
• Excellent organisational skills to work with the design team ensuring the designer style is adhered to, milestones are delivered on time, and that the work is of a high quality.
• Excellent communication skills to be able to liaise efficiently and effectively with the programmers and artists – keeping the flow of information going up and down the chain. This includes keeping the team up-to-date on milestones, and deadlines and the Producer up-to-date on how these are going.
• The ability to accurately schedule own and other people’s production work.
• The ability to produce work to production deadlines.
• The ability to manage other designers within the team.
• A high technical knowledge of game production.
• The ability to work closely with other disciplines at a technical level.
• Minimum of 2 Years’ industry experience with at least one published products.
• Good working knowledge of PC/Windows systems.
• The Designer should have experience in producing a variety of design documents that cover a variety of aspects of game production, examples include – level designs, core mechanic designs, character designs and dialogue scripts.
• A level qualifications as a minimum.
• 2:2 degree or higher.